With monsoon already here, the city residents are fast slipping on colourful and comfortable wear. A change of season calls for a change of wardrobe, and as the monsoon spell plays on fresh and colourful vibes, make your clothes evoke the haute look in this wet season! Please find below a few key points on monsoon dressing.
• Monsoon 2013 is all about lively yet subtle colours
• One can experiment with bright pastels such as deep greens, sea colours, deep beige, olive green, light copper, blues, pinks, indigo, peach, light purple and lemon yellow
Cuts and silhouettes
• Asymmetrical tunics and dresses are a hit this season
• Vibrant ombre dyed kaftans are also a great option for the monsoon
• The silhouette should be clean, the cut should not have too many layers or too many tailoring details that make the garment look messy and untidy
• Wear simple shirts and ‘kurtis’ that are easy to wear
• Well cut dresses with short hemlines are very apt for monsoon clothing • Substitute your long dupattas with soft cotton scarves as they are easy to manage and more likely to keep you warm
• It is best to avoid denims and materials that bleed colour
• Soft cottons and poly-fabrics are the best bet
• Nylons, cotton blends, mixed fabrics, blended cottons and nets are the fabrics for monsoon. You need something that dries fast and keeps you warm at the same time.
• No crepes or chiffons as these don’t keep up well in the wet weather and get crinkled easily
• Floral prints would be another option for a cloudy day
By: Ms. Sanya Dhir
Brand Director, KBSH