It is common to feel guilty for having overeaten and feel bloated post the festive and party season. While it’s perfectly normal to indulge during this time of the year, it’s also important to cleanse your body after the relentless onslaught of festival food, cocktails and delicious desserts.
Detoxing at regular intervals can help reduce environmental and dietary toxins from your body, leaving you feeling lighter and healthy. Detoxing also stimulates healthy digestion and can benefit the entire body.
Here are a few useful tips to detox –
- Lighten up your toxin load, eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are impediments to your healing process
- One should include a lot of fiber, as well as brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables in their diet. Beets, radishes, cucumber, cabbage, broccoli and fruits are excellent detoxifying foods
- Including vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins is extremely important for a detox diet
- Drink at least two liters of water a day
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration
By:Dr. Sangeeta Amladi,
Head Medical Services, Kaya Skin Clinic
Reblogged this on S T A N Z I N O.
Comments are closed.