Figure this? A giant online shopping website, a leading sports and fashion management company and a powerhouse fashion magazine decide to collaborate for a fashion weekend; what can you expect? Excitement, panache, style, oomph, exuberance, fun… the list can go on and on. This was exactly what we experienced at The Myntra Fashion Weekend.
A weekend of exuberant designer exhibitions, vivacious pop-up shops, high tempo live bands and engaging competitions; this was a one-of-its-kind shopping and runway experience. The Vogue Fest was dedicated to all empowered and feisty women of today, who continually achieve their goals.
If you did miss it, here are a few highlights!
- The announcement of Masaba’s latest collection ‘Anouk’; besides cocktails at Li Bai.
- Sushmita Sen redefining ‘hot’ on the ramp with a black leather Rina Dhaka ensemble.
- The Howard Pereira Trio and acoustic duo Ankura Tewari and Sid Coutto lifted our moods.
- Pria Kataria Puri took us on a boho luxe holiday with her sorbet hued maxis and high buns.
- Karan Johar’s ‘ Marquee’ was certainly all about the glitter and gold in Bollywood.
- Live chocolate demo by Sanjana from mouth watering patisserie La Folie.
- Actress Kalki Koechlin revealed styling cues that everyone could relate to.
- A presentation of emerging designer labels Huemn, Ikai, Ka Sha, Surendri and Quirk box by Stylist Aki Narula.
- Ali Zaffar walked boldy in a vintage suit for Luxury Menswear by Men’s Health Magazine.
- School of Music presented harmonic notes and ballads that we took note of.
- BBlunt curator and hair stylist Adhuna Akhtar showed us how to don this seasons’s most stylish hairstyles.
- Lessons from the molecular gastronomy chef Joshua.
- Motown’s Thomas Andrews left us swaying to his soulful beats for an hour-long session.
- Closing show by HRX, a fitness inspired collection by Hrithik Roshan came with a high dose of action, live on stage.
Extravagant and entertaining in its first edition; the bars are set high and we curiously await the announcement of the next one.
By: Fleur De Mello