Men usually find what works for them and stick to it, rather than constantly trying to reinvent the wheel. If you establish your own sense of style, you are in less danger of subjecting yourself to being a victim of fashion.
We recently reviewed the collection by Bangalore based designer Paresh Lamba. The choices of fabric, design sensibility, and sleek cuts from his Spring Summer ’16 collection simply amazed us.
Going by his aesthetics of well-fitted and dapper range of men’s suits, we decided to bring to our readers a quick guide on five simple tips to wear your suit right.
- Always opt for a well-fitted suit: An ill fitted suit looks shabby and cheap. You may buy the world’s most expensive suit; but that is not going to make a lasting impression, unless it is tailored to the contours of your body.
- Check the length of your jacket: Many people cut their suit jackets too short. This may end up making you look too heavy in the middle, unless you have a six-pack slim and toned physique. A suit jacket should come down to the first knuckle on your thumb.
- KISS (Keep it short silly): Add distinctiveness to your simple look by tailoring your pants a little bit short.
- Cut the stitches in your jacket pocket: Some may argue that you should not cut the stitching in your jacket pockets, since putting objects in them will cause your jacket to lose its shape. We say go ahead and make use of your otherwise non-functional pocket. Men’s clothing always needs to be more functional than fashionable. A sleek business card holder or show passes certainly will not do any damage to the shape of your jacket.
- Keep it minimal: Intricacy and minimalism is the key to men’s fashion. Call attention to special suit by keeping your accessories to a minimum.
Follow these five simple tips and you will be ready to rock your suit with confidence!
A FMW Production
Story by: Jeremy Cabral | Photography: Sushant Sawant | Model: Jeremy Cabral | Wardrobe by: Designer Paresh Lamba